- Contact Edith for up-coming
- and exciting people
to interview at
- After 3½ years, the final programme of
- "Talking Up Disability"
- was on 29 September 2009, but Edith continues
- to bring reports on the Breakfast Show
- every 2nd Tuesday at 9.10 am
- on Community Radio Hamilton
- AM 1206, FM 106.7
from 11:00am on AM1206 & FM106.7
- Edith brings you a show to provoke
and challenge those in the community who have a disability. The
focus is on living out of ability, not disability.
- Hamilton has about 26,000 people
with disabilities, and she interviews a wide range of them, their
families their spouses, and those in the role of offering services
and care. Life philosophies, motivations, self-developement are
areas for investigating.
- Each week there is a notice
board to keep listeners informed about the many seminars, courses,
events, sports, training and projects available.
- Edith has a background in volunteer
work with various city projects, and involvement in organisations
run by disabled for disabled. With a disability herself, she
is outspoken on behalf of her community.
- Edith is passionate about seeing
those with disabilities recognised as having a vital input into
our city. Talents, abilities and huge diversity are found in
this sector of our community, and this show, Talking Up Disability,
encourages even greater participation.